Monday, November 19, 2007

Total Responsibility Epilog – The Gateway Drug

The world view I’ve adopted as a result of my ongoing pursuit of head-spinning concepts can be summarized by the following ideas:

  • Reality exists in perfect harmony
  • Supremely enlightened beings see it that way
  • The basis of such a perspective is complete selflessness
  • The more self-centered a being is, the more disharmonious the world it sees will be
  • Each self-centered being perceives the world differently
  • The world that each being sees is a reflection of its uniqueness
  • Each unique observer is totally responsible for that state of the world it perceives

There is no denying that regarding myself as totally responsible for the state of the world as I see it is a very self-centered perspective. But paradoxically, this outlook represents one of the simpler roads to total selflessness. The total responsibility mindset represents a transitional growth state for those of us who are not ready to relinquish our uniqueness all at once.

Accepting that the world is as we perceive it is because we are what we are provides those of us who are not particularly enamored with its state with an intuitive incentive to grow: to make the entire world a better place. From the total responsibility point of view the actions of those around me will improve as I become more selfless. This is because my growth is the growth of everyone around me. This growth manifests as the perception of increasing harmony that marks the path to supreme enlightenment.

No comments:

Powered by WebRing.